Monday, July 7, 2008

My Life For The Moment.....


So what had happened after that insomnia experience I had after giving up my job that took me this long to have an update for this blog? Now Read...


It’s been a month after I said yes to an opportunity that brought me to where I am right now. I never imagine being here as it’s not in my list of plans. Only god knows and I’ll figure out why. And here is how the story goes.


May 16, I decided to resign after an incident happened which I have posted here. I took the risk considering that I still have two months to pay for my loan. But I was confident that I can have a new one soon. So I left the office and had my applications submitted to some Colleges within the city for a teaching job.


Teaching. I never had any consideration on it to be my career knowing how is it like through my teachers before, especially college. Though I had done it before; teaching little kids once during a church event on May called Flores de Mayo, conducting tutorials on my college days and even at home for the siblings who need my help, still I consider it to be in the third or fourth list of priorities as I’m more into business or what’s heap today, the call center job. But I badly need a job that will pay me month after with no trainings required.


The thought of landing a job so fast was a mistake. Two weeks had passed, there was still no response from the Schools. The waiting was killing me as my pocket’s about to empty for my debt so I asked help from my friends through a phone announcement. A friend working in a call center in the city advised me to apply and a cousin offered me a job as a Sales Coordinator in an establishment but both I refused considering the months of training. Then that day came, my dear mentor informed me about a customer care job and a teaching job.

I got interested on the first one. More on the amount that I’ll receive, working in the said company is an advantage. The latter one was half-rejected the fact that the area where I’ll be teaching is a bit remote, which I thought it was. It’s also hanging that needs his go signal, so totally I was not up to it.


The result was negative after submitting my application though still cross-fingered to have it. June was approaching and another set of weeks to pay my weekly payment. I was totally disappointed and was losing hope. I remember how I asked God for help one night as I kept on thinking for ways to solve my financial problem. And what to expect, god answered my little prayer.

June 9 the supposed first-day of the class was declared holiday which should have happened on the 12th of June. I was at my grandma’s house enjoying my vacation-like jobless life when my phone rang. A message from my dear mentor appeared offering an urgent job-hiring as teacher somewhere in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay, a province in between pagadian city and zamboanga city. It’s the second job that needs his go signal which I half-rejected. I was twice thinking again that moment. “I need a job but not this one.”, I was thinki

ng. “But I need some amount as urgent as this job.”, I reconsidered. And I note his reply after I asked about the benefits,” Grab the opportunity while you are young.”


So I said yes. I was asked to come that very next day for the first day class, so I had my bag packed with a few of my dress that very night. I lent an amount from my mother and had my ride early at 2.


I heard about the place before as a not so progressive one, so I was thinking the place is a bit boring. And the road, it’s what I

feared off on my way. The path is zigzag where if not to smash on the mountain wall, you will fall like from of a cliff. And one last thing is the horrifying story that happened a long time ago, the massacre done by the rebels of Mindanao. Is the place really that safe?


Though these things disturbed me that much, I felt a little relieve knowing that a dear classmate and friend who is also a stranger of the place, is working as a teacher for a year. I’ll be meeting her that made me excited. Another thing is I’ll be working with somebody from my college na

med Albert Dadibo. I somehow remember his name but not his face.


When I arrived, the first thing I noticed was the infamous red-bee head, with big eyes and a big sweet smile. Jollibee is in Ipil that made me say the place is of progress. I was fetched by Sir Dadz and when I arrived at his boarding house, I met another guy, who is a new neighbor of mine, Mr. Ronilo Yap.


So here I am now doing a new career in my life. And my first time as a teacher? I will tell you soon….Thanks to my dear mentors Mr. Hardy Facunla and Ms. Faith Magalso-Lozada....

Welcome me IPIL……


1 comment:

hardz said...

You're welcome gar=) Take care always and GOD Bless you=)