Monday, May 26, 2008

inSomiA.....


Last night was the worst ever. I can't imagine myself lying on bed with eyes closed trying to have my rest and unveil a dream. But my head just keep on talking, yeah talking like conversing with somebody inside me. Lot of thoughts about life, future, plans and problems. I really don't know the reasons thought it's my nature. I keep on thinking things to happen the next days of my life. But though, I can still manage to sleep though it would take an hour or two. I thought before it's normal but no it's a symptom of possible chronic illness.
Insomnia is a sleep disorder where one can't find himself close his eyes or rest his mind. It is also considered as mental disorder as specifically the brain works on it. There are three types of insomnia:
  1. Transient insomnia lasts from days to weeks. It can be caused by another disorder, by changes in the sleep environment, by the timing of sleep, or by stress. Its consequences - sleepiness and impaired psychomotor performance - are similar to those of sleep deprivation. If this form of insomnia continues to occur from time to time, the insomnia is classified as intermittent.
  2. Acute insomnia is the inability to consistently sleep well for a period of between three weeks to six months.
  3. Chronic insomnia lasts from months to years. It can be caused by another disorder, or it can be a primary disorder. Its effects can vary according to its causes. They might include sleepiness, muscular fatigue, and/or mental fatigue; but people with chronic insomnia often show increased alertness.
The causes of insomnia are:
Mine was a bit not that hazard. Maybe because of stress and problems, too much problems that led to what just happened last night. I had my eyes closed at 11 but took 3 and a half hours before i had a real sleep. One thing i noticed also is when i could take a nap during day time, it occurs as well as every time i start sleeping a bit late at 10 or 11. Maybe i have to try sleeping a bit early. Wish tonight i can have a better one.

No comments: